My Simplicity Quest is about enjoying the journey. Some of my experiments in minimalism take place in the kitchen. I prefer easy recipes that require few ingredients. My Easy Adult Slush has two ingredients, tastes amazing, and takes up very little space in a cooler. A girl has got to stay hydrated while moving in the direction of her dreams…
Quest Recipe: Easy Adult Slush
- 1 plastic resealable container of frozen juice concentrate. Any flavor. (I use Welch’s brand.)
- Alcohol of your choice. (I use tequila)
- Make the juice in a separate pitcher according to the instructions on the container. Save the plastic container (no need to rinse it out).
- Fill the plastic container two thirds full with the now-made juice.
- Fill the rest of the container with alcohol. I love tequila so that’s an automatic choice for me but vodka would work too (or rum or whatever you like).
- Reseal the container with the lid and place in the freezer for at least six hours (overnight is best).
- When you are in the mood for a cold slushy beverage, just pull out the container and mush it with your hands or spoon. Pour into a cute glass or just drink straight out of the container.
- (make sure to recycle the container when it’s time to get rid of it)
I’m not usually a huge fan of plastic but in the summer, this recipe is my favorite way to have lake-appropriate beverages on hand. I’m not a huge fan of juice either, actually. But I am a huge fan of tequila and winding down on the weekends. I share the juice and keep the containers. I love how the alcohol keeps the juice from getting rock solid and easy to slush up. Super easy and delicious!